data warehousing consulting
Still waiting for that Data Warehouse to come online?
Dealing with day to day business issues, putting out fires and trying to hit constantly changing targets tends to result in an ever growing number of databases and repositories, but chances are that elusive data warehouse still remains... well, elusive. Whether you want to create business unit specific datamarts or an enterprise wide data warehouse, the process of cleansing and integrating data from multiple applications across a variety of platforms can be a time consuming and costly process.
Maybe we can help...
SESI’s consultants have developed and optimized scalable data warehouse architectures for Fortune 1000 companies facing these very same challenges. Working together, we can help you define strategic data warehouse visions and utilize approaches that fit your specific environment and business needs. Oh, and by the way, we can also help you actually implement that elusive data warehouse in a reasonable time frame...
Our data warehousing practice is founded on a thorough understanding of the markets in which our customers operate, as well as on our proven methodologies and extensive technology experience. We utilize an incremental development approach and rely on a simple but highly efficient data warehouse architecture. With these methods, we are able to deliver effective results throughout the entire data warehouse lifecycle. SESI’s consultants have developed particular expertise in creating solutions for:
- Data warehouse reporting
- Data mining integration
- Clear Return on Investment calculations
- Distributed data warehouses
- Real-time and close-to-real-time data warehousing strategies
- Slow- and fast-changing dimensions
- Data redundancy and aggregations
- Integration of external and unstructured data
- Sizing of database and application servers
- Backup and data archiving strategies
- Data transformations for advanced business rules
- Multi-language environments.
Our core ETL technologies
- Oracle Warehouse Builder
- Microsoft Integrations Services
- Sybase IQ
- Ab Initio
- SAP Data Integrator
- And a long list of highly specialized partnerships with vendors of column-orientated DBMS, data warehousing appliances and vendors of the worlds fastest loading and querying of huge amounts of unstructured data, e.g., text messages and emails.